Emporia Level 2 EV Charger with Load Management
Get all the benefits of an Emporia Level 2 EV Charger without the headache of costly electrical service upgrades. Emporia’s intelligent Load Management solution dynamically adjusts the EV charge rate, allowing the sum of breakers to exceed your panel's service rating, all while keeping your home's energy distribution within your system limits, seamlessly sidestepping the need for expensive electrical service upgrades. The Emporia EV Charger with Load Management consists of the award-winning Emporia Level 2 Smart Home EV Charger and an Emporia Vue Energy Monitor pre-enabled with Load Management capabilities.
- INTELLIGENT LOAD MANAGEMENT dynamically adjusts EV charge rate, allowing the sum of breakers to exceed the electrical panel's service rating, all while keeping your home's energy consumption within system limits. Allowing you to sidestep the need for expensive electrical service upgrades.
- Per NFPA 70, 625.42(B) and 750.30, a listed EMS can control and adjust load, even up to 100% of the panel rating. The EMS is safety approved to ensure the panel rating is not exceeded. UL CERTIFIED Level 2, 48A, 240V electric vehicle (EV) charging station has flexible amperage settings from 6 to 48 amps. COMPATIBLE WITH ANY EV. Charges any EV up to 9X faster than Level 1 wall outlet charger with a SAE J1772 connector (adapter required for Tesla EVs) and a 24' cable with integrated cable management.
- CHARGER INSTALLS INDOORS OR OUTDOORS. Your charger will be safe from the elements with a rugged watertight NEMA Type 4 enclosure. Check with your state and local company to see if there are incentives and rebates in your area. CHARGER IS PROTECTED BY A 3-YEAR WARRANTY.
- HARDWIRED OR PLUGGED INSTALLATION (up to 48A hardwired or up to 40A NEMA Type 14-50P with 22" cable compliant with 2017 NEC Section 625.17(A)(3)). Requires a dual-pole, dedicated breaker at 60A+ for a 48A charge or 50A+ for a 40A charge. A professional electrician is recommended for hardwiring or installing a NEMA Plug.
- UL CERTIFIED ENERGY MONITOR INSTALLS IN CIRCUIT PANEL of most homes with clamp-on sensors. Supports single-phase up to 240VAC line-neutral; single, split-phase 120/240VAC; and three-phase up to 415Y/240VAC (no Delta). Panels with access only to busbars will need flexible sensors available from Emporia Energy.
with an internet connection.
Charging Station dimensions:
- 12.6" x 9" x 3.4" (320mm x 230mm x 86mm)
Charging Gun dimensions:
- 5.3" x 2.2" (135mm x 56mm)
Vue energy monitor dimensions:
- 4.1" x 3.1" x 1.1" (105mm x 80mm x 30mm)
200A sensor dimensions:
- 2.6" x 1.7" x 1.6" (65mm x 44mm x 41mm)
- Window diameter: 1" (26mm)
- Cable length: 39" (1m)
- Connector plug: 3.5mm